Friday, June 24, 2011

First Post

      At the suggestion of my advisors, I'm starting this blog to help track my progress throughout my research project on witchcraft in Early Modern Scotland. Thus far, I have mainly spent time developing a decent background in the historiographical literature on the subject--though I'm still trying to get access to more secondary literature. I've also browsed the Survey of Scottish Witchcraft database (http://www.shc.ed.ac.uk/Research/witches/), which I'm anticipating will be greatly helpful.

      My upcoming focus, along with further expanding my historiographical knowledge, is going to be on determining my primary source collections. During my upcoming trip to Stirling, Scotland, I plan on looking through documents in the Stirling Archives and figuring out which printed sources will be most valuable for my project. I'm hoping that by the start of the Fall semester, I will have a good understanding of the applicable primary sources that support a general argument for this project.

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Alison. I think this will help you to track your progress and get perspective at the same time. -Michael

    ReplyDelete